Vegetables should be one of the most essential parts in humans diet for staying healthy. It can be a good idea to grow vegetables in your home because growing your own vegetables at home is kind of activity that can bring you so much happiness and joy. Also trying to grow your own vegetables at home can save you lots of money which is so amazing. Here are some of the best vegetables you can grow in pots at home without any difficulty. Also share and encourage your friends and family members to grow their own preferred vegetables at home instead of buying them from markets.
Radish is one of easiest vegetables
to grow at home and it needs only few easy steps to follow.
- First you have to use red potting soil mixed with coco peat.
- Then sow the radish seeds in soil and after germination of radish seeds for about one week, try to separate all the seedlings 4 inches apart.
- One week later add vermicompost and don’t forget to water it regularly.
- One mouth later it’s ready to be harvested.
- Baby Spinach
Baby spinach is a kind of leafy green which is rich in iron and it can easily be grown in pots at home. Spinach can be used cooked and also raw too. You can use this amazing fresh baby spinach for making different healthy salads and smoothies for reaching to a more healthier lifestyle.
- Try to prepare loamy soil which should be enriched with organic compost.
- Then sow its seed in pot and cover with soil.
- Water it regularly till it’s main germination.
- When baby spinach leaves appear put them under sunlight till their complete growth.
- Cherry Tomatoes
Tomatoes are one of the most delicious vegetables used in salads and different foods. Everyone can try to grow these amazing cherry tomatoes easily at home and save lots of money.
- Start with potting mix which should contain a mixture of sand, red soil, coco peat and compost.
- Then sow the seeds in prepared potting mix in the pot.
- Add little amount of water to it.
- Then you have to mulch the tomato seeds leaves which should be hay/dried for creating artificial green house effect.
- Add a little amount of water every two or three days till the tomato seeds start to sprout.
- Add compost to it only once a week till it flowers and then turn in to delicious cherry tomatoes.
Chili is one of the best ingredients used in cooking and it’s very easy to grow in pots at home.
- Mix compost, perlite and coco peat in equal amounts.
- Soak the prepared potting mix with some water in a pot overnight.
- Then the next day put the chili seeds into soil and cover it with hay
- Until the seeds germination, you have to water regularly.
- Keep watering it regularly till leaves appear and the chili plant flowers.
- After being fruited, you can harvest fresh chilies.
For growing basil at home all you need is south facing window that can provide the warmth and sunlight needed for the growth of basil. Basil can be used in salads or in homemade sauces because of its fresh and delicious taste.
- Start with moist organic potting mix.
- Put basil seeds on surface of soil and then cover the seeds with thin layer of soil.
- Try to water it gently.
- Place the pot near the south facing window.
- You have to keep it moist by watering it gently until fresh basils start to grow.
- It’s better to cut them with scissors.
- Pearl onions
For growing pearl onions in pots all you need is pearl onion and potting soil. This method is beginner friendly. These miniature onions are perfect for stews and different soups.
- First fill the pot with potting soil.
- Moist the soil with little amount of water.
- Place the onions in pots with roots facing down into moist soil which you prepared before.
- Cover the bulbs with a little amount of soil.
- Put the pot in places with 7 hours sunlight every day.